Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ann Taylors new line?

Ann Taylor Stores Corp is producing a new high-end fashion line.  This new high-end fashion line was scheduled to show in 24 of its top stores the end of September and will be set aside in a separate section from its regular apparel.  The new line, called Collection, will be 40 percent more expensive than the company's
 usual prices.  Ann Taylor is also going to roll out with a new line of beauty products as well.  Ann Taylor is trying to set theme selves apart from other middle of the road retailers such as Macy's by targeting this new high end market. I think that Targeting a new higher-end consumer will give Ann Taylor a better edge over its competition.  Also, making the line exclusive to these 24 stores will make the line seem more valuable and elluring to women.  However, there is a chance that wealthy women will not take 
a high-end line from Ann Taylor seriously.  Will Ann  Taylors new High-end line be a success??  Only time will tell.  Please comment and let us know what you think!

5 comments:

Megan's Blogs said...

I think that their new line had the possibility of doing well. Although it is so much more expensive, I wonder if it would do better if they turn it into a subsidiary of Ann Taylor and put the line and beauty products into a different store.

Jordan&Asia said...

I think that there needs to be a retail line for women that has the appeal of up-scale, chic, and classy. I think that Ann Taylor has the ability to do this if the line has good products and it is marketed correctly. Ann Taylor is a widely known brand name and I think that most upper class women will adapt to a new line.

Sarah&Lauren said...

Ann Taylor's new line I think has a good possibility to be succesful. This new line is going to set it apart from it's competition making it unique. Everyone is always looking for something to make themselves unique and different. So here is the perfect oppurtunity.

CARS2009 said...

I think that the new line could do well. Considering that Ann Taylor is already a well-established name in women's apparel, with good advertising for the brand and appropriate marketing measures the new line could take off. I'm excited to see what will happen.

KennedyKaye said...

I think that Ann Taylor's new line has the potential to be very successful. I've never actually shopped there before, being as it's not really my style or really targeted towards me, but I feel that the women that do shop there are loyal customers. They probably shop there often and love the designs, so therefore I foresee these women getting excited about a newer line. And the fact that the line is only being released in a limited number of stores, I think that will also generate some excitement and curiosity. The beauty line also seems very exciting as it's something new they've never done before. And all shoppers love to be the first to try a new product. I think both of these lines will do very well.